Does technology simplify your life?
“‘On Thursday, Sony Ericsson and Fossil Inc. announced a line of bluetooth watches that vibrate when a call comes in on your cell phone, display the number of the caller, and allow you to press a button to send the call to voicemail. No more digging around in your pocket or purse before deciding if the call is important enough to interrupt a meeting.'”
Src: Slashdot | Caller ID Watches
You can’t love a crowd the same way you can love a person. And a crowd can’t love you the way a single person can love you. Intimacy doesn’t scale. Not really.
Intimacy is a one-on-one phenomenon.
~Hugh Macleod, How To Be Creative: 26. Write from the heart., 08-22-04
I think it’s true !
This caught my attention on Digg:
Topless Sunbather Caught in Google Earth!
My Kubuntu is up and running. Just I had to manually install few packages for Audio/video players.
Things I can do from Kubuntu:
- Play VCD/DVD and many media formats( mp3,3gp etc )
- Browse – I have Opera and Firefox
- Lot of tools for programming
- Fun games and utilties
- Aplications for Image viewing and Editing ( Well, we can’t expect Photoshop )
- Office Apps( This needs lot of improvement )
- My bluetooth dongle is identified without installing extra software and I could tranfer data from my mobile.
What I miss:
- Can’t play Age of Empires/Need for Speed underground
- Still the fonts and other display is not as good as Windows
- Can’t transfer data to/from my Creative Zen Touch
Happy Programmer’s day!
First Programming Langugae I learned :
Logo – 10 standard
Language that I used for most of my programming:
I am a fan of :
“Real programmers don’t document. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.”
if everything happens as you want them to…